From Pagan back to Christian?

I have considered myself Pagan (Celtic-rooted) since I was thirteen (I was raised Southern Baptist). Recently, I find I am having an internal despute, I believe whole-heartedly in God but I still find I have a deep spiritual bond in nature, plants, and animals. I am also highly Energy sensitive, & empathic and. I am trying to find a balance between my Christian beliefs and my Pagan instincts. Can I have both in my life and still be a good God-Serving Christian?

Tarabella

Asked by Tarabella at 10:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, yes YES!!! I am living it right now! I am a former Pagan. I stopped practicing b/c I felt that my heart was with Jesus - it was something inside me the whole time. I am a Christian, but I still hold to many of the teachings of Wicca - reverence of the earth, power of meditation and visualization, psychic gifts (I am empathic), and so much more. These things don't pull me away from God, but rather strengthen my tie to him! I love the lord with every ounce of my being, and I can say from the heart that there is NOTHING wrong with combining the two! In fact, I call myself an Unorthodox Christian because of this. PM me if you want to know more.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• religion and faith are some of the most personal things about us. I see no reason why you can't believe what seems real and right to you and be true to yourself, and practice as you see fit. Your relationship with your God is between you and him (or her) and no one else.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 10:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Hey, why not? Do whatever makes YOU feel comfortable =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• There is such a path as Christian Wicca. Here's an article I found. Perhaps this may help you.

http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usva&c=words&id=7541
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Well, I'm neither -- so take this with a grain of salt --- but to the best of my knowledge, if you believe in God & Jesus, & that Jesus was the son of God & died on the cross, etc, etc, etc... AND you don't believe in any other Gods, then I think everything else (instincts with nature, energy sensitivity, etc) is all okay.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Never let any one try to tell you how you "should" have a relationship with the divine. That is something personal and it should remain as such.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Why not look in to Christo-Eclesticism... There are many and many more religions that are poping up that do just that, they blurr the line between the two, because the truth is no one but the gods knows the truth.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• As Christians there will always be a struggle between the spirit & the flesh as long as we are on earth. Focus on Jesus & trust that He will guide you in your walk. We should all respect the earth, God made it & we are to tend to it. However, we are to worship & serve only Him.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 5:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Read Romans 5 please.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Let me guess, 2mothershelpers, Romans 5 speaks about demons and the devil allowing us to see and know things that we shouldn't just to try and trick us, right? Yeah, that's helpful.
    Anyway, to the op, your relationship and beliefs are YOURS! And the great part of that is, you can practice and believe WHATEVER you want. You don't have to adhere to anyone else's rules. I think you should believe and follow whatever path makes your heart soar.
    -Ashley
    P.S. I think psychic abilities are a gift of god anyway.
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009