For anyone who saw Disney's UP

I took my 3.5 year old son to see Disney's Up today and I thought it was horrible. For one, I didn't think it was even remotely funny, maybe a chuckle when the dogs were distracted with squirrel. For two, it scared the living daylights out of my son. At one point he actually screamed and covered his ears and cried please take me home mommy I'm scared. This from the boy who road amusement park rides for the first time when he was barely 2 and watches Men in Black on a regular basis and thinks its hilarious. I can't think of one previous time he's even had a reaction remotely like that to anything. I know UP received good reviews from the critiques, am I the only one who was disappointed and left with a scared crying child??

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Entertainment

• Thats ridiculous. How on Earth can you sit there and allow your child to watch a movie like Men In Black which is obviously inappropriate for a 3.5 old and take him on dangerous roaster coasters and complain about a sweet little animated movie like UP? Thats ridiculous. Every child I know has loved it... but then again their parents don't let them watch adult movies!
    Anonymous

• I should've added if your going to attack me there's no need to respond, my child is a very happy, healthy, smart little boy and there's no room for your negativity here, just looking for opinions on the movie UP...Thanks :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I thought that it was a great movie for kids. My 7 & 8 year old enjoyed themselves. I can understand where you are coming from because there was a little girl sitting right behind us, maybe about 4 yrs. old crying everytime the big bird came on the screen.
    Anonymous

• wow. the first poster was a bitch.

I haven't taken my child to see it, but I have heard from my friends that it too scared their kids. some things scare kids that other kids don't find scary. some kids are scared shitless of clowns, but my daughter LOVES them. it depends on the child. not all child movies are 'scare free' either. what about Monsters Inc? I bet that scared many children when it first came out.

zombie_mommy

Answer by zombie_mommy at 3:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My 2 year old thought it was a really funny movie. In fact she sat and watched it from beginning to end and only got up to pee once. She never does that! lol I can't think of what he'd be scared of that's scarier than Men In Black.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 7:05 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I think maybe the surround sound of the theatre played into the fear factor because he was terrified of the scene where the dogs are flying the planes shooting missiles towards the end and if i remember correctly there was scary music playing and it was thundering and lightening in that scene so I think maybe the on screen action along with the movie theatre volume all worked together. Cause my thought process was if MIB doesn't scare him why would a Disney movie... but clearly I thought wrong...
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009