CNA's?

How did you become one? Did you have to pay for the education yourself? How did you go about securing financial aid? Afterwards did you decide to go on to become a nurse? Did you do a work study program?

izyandchrismomi

Asked by izyandchrismomi at 10:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• look up CNA progrmas in your area
    it is really only like a 6 week program, teachers bed baths ect
    Anonymous

• 2-6 week program plus clinics. Depends on how long of classes you can go to. I did 5 weeks on Sat & Sun 8 hour days and 24 hours of clinics. I go sit for the state test this weekend.

I paid $275 out of pocket. I think $50-100 my first night and then the rest before I started clinics.

Mine included class instruction, TB test, and a rented book. We could buy the book for $20 if we wanted. I bought scrubs from Walmart fairly cheap. The state test is 100 (for Ohio anyway).

They told us to retain our receipts and when we start at a facility ask if they do reimbursement. Otherwise you can call nursing homes see if they offer training classes in exchange for working at their place for a certain number of years.

I plan to continue on to nursing or xray tech. I think most RN programs require you to have a CNA certificate before applying. At least the nursing schools I am applying to did.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 3:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I paid for it myself it was a private school they over cna classes,lvn and rn programs.I paid $800.00.I worked for 4 years as a cna,I did not like it.I have my business and I make more money in sales.I sell clothing,shoes,jewlery,shoes and much more.I like being my own boss better and I make more money I can sell very wee.I can sell paper clips and be sucessful.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 4:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• The home health care agency I worked for helped to pay for my CNA course and the rest was paid for with a federal pell grant.
    During my time working as a CNA I went on to college and earned a degree in medical assisting, which was paid for by a tuition assistance program I applied and qualified for.
    Ten years later I earned a college degree in medical coding and billing and am currently studying for that certification exam so that I may obtain a job in that capacity.
    Since I finished that degree in March, I just returned back to college in May to begin a BSBA degree in HR Management so that I can obtain a career in the medical office in just about any management/administrative position - I'll be as versatile in the medical office as I can possibly be.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2009