If you went to someone's house and they had roaches,what would you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nasty! And if they had kids I would call DCS!
    Anonymous

• Gross!! I better not take any of them home with me!!!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• That it itself? Not alot, to be honest. I live in rural Texas and we have these HUGE roaches. They're not cockroaches, but I don't remember what the proper name is for them. There's no getting rid of them... the best you can hope for his to "manage" them. Ask any exterminator around here how to get rid of them, and they'll tell you to move out of Texas! LOL

Now.. if the house was just roach-INFESTED & dirty, that would be a whole different scenario.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You have to think I just moved into a house and its had them I have kids but i sprayed i didnt know That this house had them till 1 week and now I dont have them anymore..
    Anonymous

• i would leave immediatly! they spread disease and i have a super weak stomach
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 10:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Call DCS?? ROFL...I'm sure the people at DCS would be angry for a person wasting their time with such a call.

I'd probably hope I wouldn't bring any home with me...roaches are damn hard to get rid of, and don't NECESSARILY mean the people living there are dirty.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i wouldn't eat there. and i don't think i would drink anything either. but i had roaches when i first moved into the house that i live in now and drank those things are terrible to get rid of. thank goodness for home defense that stuffs works great. we also had stinging scorpions so bad that we had to shake out of sheets and stuff before we go into bed. thank goodness we no longer have roaches or scorpions.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 10:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Honestly, I would think.... Gross... You can get a year's worth of service from terminix for 250.00. They come here every 3 months, and spray for spiders, ants, roaches, mice, termites, and we had a yellow jacket nest last year in the back yard. they came out and took care of it too, and they didn't charge us any extra for the extra visit:)
    Anonymous

• In some places, roaches are quite difficult to avoid, even if you are a tidy person with a hygienic home. Honestly, first thing I'd think is "They don't have ants." because apparently ants and roaches don't share a habitat, and if you have one you almost certainly do NOT have the other. LOL

People who are squeamish about bugs must have a really hard life, is all I can say. I don't want roaches, and don't have them (we have ants LOL) but if the only thing I saw in someone's house that was a problem was roaches, that wouldn't be all that alarming to me. Garbage on the floor, rotting food in the sink, dog poop crusted in the carpet... all problems. Roaches are the least of my concerns.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Collinsky, Ants actually attack roaches and eat them. That's maybe why they don't share!

Twinsnseptember- Scorpions! Yikes! My great Aunt lives in San Antonio and she said she gets them sometimes too. She said to make sure I wear shoes to the bathroom at night! They'd have freaked me out but I never saw any. They were probably just after the water, but I'm glad you got rid of them.

I'd probably be grossed out if I saw the roaches but unless the house was really filthy I wouldn't think anything about the person for it. We have centipedes in our house and they are GROSS too. They have really long ugly legs and some of them get really big. I haven't seen any so far this year (knock wood) and they usually come out in the spring.

beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009