After sex...? (TMI)

After having (non-rough) sex I had realized I was bleeding a little and my stomach has a little pain... Is this anything to be worried about?
(1st time mom, so I freak out a little)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have not experienced any bleeding at all during my pregnancy (30 weeks) but I have heard light bleeding after sex is common. It is possible you irritated your cervix, which is already very sensitive, and that is what is causing the bleeding. I wouldn't worry about it unless you start to have heavier bleeding, or if the pain gets worse or doesn't go away. Next time, just take it a little easier with hubby!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• No with my first baby After sex I have some blood and I went staight to the hospital and they told me it was normal to bleed a lil after sex. as long as you are not gushing or clotting you should be find if it hurts really bad you need to go see a dr.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• the pain is most likely contractions which is normal after and a little light pink blood is normal as its irritation.. like gg said its normal!!! hope that helps calm you down! (im a first timer too and every little thing i notice i call triage lol so i know your pain!)
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 10:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Your fine I was worried to when that happened to me. The doc explained that's normal because of the stretching of the cervix, as long as its not to heavy
    1HotMama2009

Answer by 1HotMama2009 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I just had the same problem and I went to the doctor and they did an ultrasound just to be safe but everything was fine and they said it was normal.
    lilkgfan

Answer by lilkgfan at 1:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2009