18 weeks prego and dizzy spells with migraines

Hey guys. Im 18 weeks pregnant (found out it is a boy yesterday!) But this morning I woke up with hubby before he went to work and the room was absolutely spinning I even kinda fell when going into the bathroom. I managed to go back to sleep and when I woke up the spinning was gone but I have had the most aweful migrain ever since. I this normal? I never had this with my first son and only one other time in my life was I dizzy like the room spinning. Any advice would be great!
Thanks

blondisfun

Asked by blondisfun at 10:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Here are a couple of websites that I found about the dizziness and the migraine. I know that I would get dizzy and/or a headache if I didn't eat for a while when I was pregnant. Congrats on having a boy!

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/dizziness.html
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/migraines.html
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You may want to call your doc, it could be a sign of blood pressure issues (stress on the could).... Not saying it is, but better to be safe.....good luck. I hope you feel better.
    BrisMom

Answer by BrisMom at 12:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have this problem too (same week as well). My doctor has me checking my blood pressure everyday. Anything over 130-140 depending on my headaches are a reason to go to the ER. Any blurring of the vision is another sign to go to the ER. I was told dizziness can be normal, since your heart is working harder these days, but to be safe call your doctor first thing in the morning. If you can't get ahold of your doctor in the morning, or you experience it again before then, I would suggest the ER just so they can monitor your blood pressure for the time being.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have the same problem but it's just the hormones making the migraines worse.
    lilkgfan

Answer by lilkgfan at 1:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2009