how to i switch to breastfeeding only at night?

i'm going to be working daytimes and i heard that it's possible to only breastfeed at night but how can i have enough milk as well as not produce during the day? how do i go about only feeding at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I only nurse at nite b/c my DD won't during the day...just pump while you are at work on your 15 min breaks and on your lunch or whenever time permits....My DD nurses perfectly fine at night b/c I keep up my supply by pumping during the day....good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If you don't want to produce during the day just don't do anything but that will slow your supply down altogether and you may not have enough at night.
    calliesmommie

• You will ALWAYS have enough. Your body adjusts.

Just drop one feeding per week of the daytime nursings, till gone.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• If babe is under 1 year old I would recommend pumping during the day and giving those as bottles while you are gone. If you really don't want to do that then you can just slowly drop one nursing session during the day and replace with formula until you are no longer nursing during the day. I am still nursing my 2 year old and around 13 months she started refusing bottles during the day so I quit pumping at work. I now only nurse after I get home from work and on weekends and my supply is fine, but my child was 13 months old so my supply was well established when I started that.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2009