My DD has not had a bowel movement since Saturday night - any ideas what I can do to help her?

She didnt eat Saturday night after goign and didnt eat well on Sunday saying she had a tummy ache but has eaten fine the last 2 days - any ideas what I can give her to help her go? - oh she's 3 and has never had this problem before

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• put a little bit of karo syrup in some milk. that helped my daughter when she was younger and couldn't go. they might make a laxative or stool softener for her age group but i'm not sure b/c my daughter hasn't had the issue since she was an infant.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Pure Juice or Karo Syrup and water, really any sort of sugary juice will help.Or I know that when my brother was younger he had a problem and my mom bought a root beer flavored laxative that you just add to thier drink.
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 11:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Applesauce, Apple juice, plain water usually helped my kids. Oh yeah, if she will eat strawberries that will help as well.
    jeng1980

Answer by jeng1980 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Miralax over the counter. Stir it in juice or milk. They can't taste it. Or there is this root beer flavored laxative stuff works nicely too. My kids kept asking for more of it.
    Anonymous

• Oh and I also give them high fiber oatmeal made by quaker with lots of water if they get clogged :O)
    Anonymous