first period?

I dont really know where to post this cause its after having a baby. Well after your first 5-6 weeks of bleeding after having a baby, what was your first period like? I had some huge clots for about 4 days but I am still bleeding after 2 weeks. Is this normal and how long did you bleed for?

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 11:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i bled for like a month or more with big clots also it is comlptely normal if you get to conserned about it just call a doctor or nurse and ask them about it to reassure yourself
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 11:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I bled for a a month straight with large clots frequently then it stopped and I had a period but it was like the bleeding after the baby again. I bled heavy during my "'period" for 7 days. Then it stopped and I have had normal periods since.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I realize that everyone heals differently. I recommend that you talk to your doctor. After all 3 deliveries, I quit bleeding by the 6th week. My periods were pretty much normal.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I did call the doctor and the nurse said that its normal for my period to be like this but i really thought the birth control would be helping it to stop. For like 4 days I had huge clots and was bleeding through a tampon in like 20 mins. Now its like a normal period but it does not show any sign of stopping. I told my husband that some of you had your period for a month and his response was "Great, see you women are not that only ones that suffer"
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I only bled for about three weeks after having my son. He is almost 11 months now and I still haven't had a period. I am nursing so it is normal. But if you are worried about it I would talk to your doctor.
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I bled for three weeks after my son but was c-section. I had a period like clock work with clots and alot of them. they will stop trust me. you have to give your body up to a year to recuperate from having a baby. Sometimes more. Eventually everything will go back to a normal rhythm.
    nomads_girl198

Answer by nomads_girl198 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009