Are you allowed to take bathes when your pregnant?

I heard your not suppose to soak in a tub for some odd reason

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, you can, they're great when you're preg actually. I used to take them almost every night. Just make sure the water is not too hot and don't put too much stuff in the water. I even used to go into the hot tub at the gym. I would just sit on the first step and lean back. that way my feet and legs are in, my back too, but not my belly. Loopholes my dear!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes to a bath, no to SUPER HOT hot tubs.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• you can take baths as long as they aren't totally hot and I have also heard that some bath beads and salts are a NO NO while you are pregnant :( I take baths when my back is killing me but like I said the water is not Hot so then I just end up taking a shower instead if my back pain didn't go away. hope that helps :)
    ccpniowa2007

Answer by ccpniowa2007 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I agree with all the pp, it's fine as long as it's not too hot. I even took a bath when i was in labor before i went to the hospital, it did wonders to get through the contractions :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:20 AM on Jun. 3, 2009