They just don't make things like they used to.......

I swear things don't last anymore! No matter how much you pay for them! Yet I have appliances and certain things from the 70's that just keep on ticking. My moms God bless her and my dad (RIP) struggled so much when they first got married that any thing they bought was well taken care of. If they bought a fan it would go back into the original box, styrofoam and all. WE STILL HAVE THAT FAN! It works better then any of the new ones we owned and it is 30 years old! I can go on about her vacuum and blender but you get the point. I on the other hand have gone through 3 stereos, 6 electrical heaters, 4 toasters, 3 fridges, 2 dryers,3 blenders.....Have you noticed that maunfacturers make things crappy just so you HAVE to replace them 2-3 years later?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have found that often times to buy real quality items that are going to last now, you HAVE to buy things made outside the USA. Some things are still made here, they're just made crappy. HOwever I will say I absolutely love my Fiesta ware dishes that are 100% made in the USA by the Homer Laughlin China Company. That's probably the thing that's lasted longest in my house so far lol! My Xbox 360 just died because it overheated even with an intercooler on it so now I have to pay $100 to get it fixed, where as my OLD school nintendo system still works just fine lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yep. Even cars. The bumpers are PLASTIC now! They used to be steel....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Gigi nothing is made in the US anymore. It is damn near impossible to buy appliances that are made here. My MIL worked for GE for 30 years then the plant she worked at went to Mexico. Quality is not of the importance anymore.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• its also so they so much time and money doesnt have to go into production. DId you know they now make PREMADE stairs for a new house and charge you MORE because its premade... how ridiculous. Considering the ones from back in the day were much nicer and had so much detail
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• *its also so that so much time and money
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• luvsdanika have you been MIA lately?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• LOL I have been in hiding
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Hey luvs! Where the heck have you been? I thought you went into the witness relocation program. Oh and stick to MY QUESTION! lol
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• LOL . I relocated, right back at cafemom. and I already did answer your question.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• so did I
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2009