braxton hicks??

Can someone please explain braxton hicks contractions to me please =) i have been having like period cramps throughout the day and they are really painfull... they are like 3-4 hrs apart and last about 30sec to a min... it also causes me a lot of back pain, just a little worried leavin on a roadtrip tomorrow.. (27wks)

dlepasti

Asked by dlepasti at 12:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For me, my stomach just got really hard for a minute or two then went away but they didn't hurt and it was just at random times. When you have them try drinking some water and sitting down for a minute or two, that seemed to help me. 27 wks is pretty early to go into labor...
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• that sounds like BH. they should NOT be very painful, just more of a pressure coming from down there. they should not be very regular. what you described sounds like that is what you're going through...
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• does the braxton hicks also cause headaches?? ive had a headache for 2 days straight already.. and a little nausea =(
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 12:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I don't know about your second question. :/ Can you call your doctor? I know headaches that last for long periods during pregnancy can mean serious things.
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It should be really uncomfortable at worst. Drink some water, and kick back with your feet up and try to relax. See if they don't get better.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009