Is a continuous cough at three months of age normal for a baby?

My child seems to be immune to the infant's tylenol and his cough is getting worse. Any ideas?

austinzmommy3

Asked by austinzmommy3 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Health

• First, tylenol has no effect on a cough. It's a pain killer that also reduces fever. That's it.

Is a long running cough normal? No. But it can have many causes - a virual infection, reflux, allergies are some of the most common. In a baby this young, I'd call the doctor in the morning. Until then, run a humidifer in the room. That's about the only thing that helps.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My son had virus induced asthma when he was a baby. It would manifest itself as a cough that never went away. Have him checked out.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i dont think a continuos cough is normal at any age...id go to the dr, and get him checked out...maybe its asthma...or maybe he just need some cough medicine
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• long term use of tylenol can be extremely damaging.
    the cough needs to be checked out by a doctor; it is probably an allergy.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I would make sure that there is no mold in your house wash the walls and her crib with a good cleaner. Then let it dry completely. I also have a good natural for infection and virus. Its patented too. Email me if you are interested.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 2:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009