would this piss you off??

i was sitting next to my SO and he got a text message, it was fully in my viewing range so i glanced at it (which i NEVER do, i respect his privacy) and made a funny comment about it. his response was "are u looking at my text? if it was for you it would have came to your phone" that really made me kind of angry. it made me feel like he was hiding something. would any of you feel this way too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• yeah that would piss me off...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• That would piss me off. I share everything with dh and he keeps everything to himself.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Sounds like he's hidding something to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• No. I believe in privacy. You shouldn't have looked at his message. Sorry, but it's jmo

Answer by admckenzie at 12:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yeah it would irritate me, but then again I feel the same way sometimes and its not that i'm hiding something lol. I'll be having a text conversation with my friend and my hubby will start reading the texts. Its never about anything important but I'm like "Hey thats mine" lol! So I understand it. I'd just tell him how it makes you feel.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• yeah that would probably piss me off too.. but then again.. do you trust him? it seems like you do though if you say you respect his privacy. cuz usually women that don't trust their men are the crazy ones that are constantly going through their phones.. that usually means hey have a guilty conscience though. but yeah i'd say thats a reason to get suspicious.. dig a little deeper if you feel the need. good luck hun!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 12:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Dude what is yours is mine...and unless you have something to hide those words should never pass through your lips. I would have slapped my DH upside the head.

Definitely sounds like he's up to no good. Why would he care if you looked? That is right he shouldn't have. Unless there is something to hide.

What did you say to him? My response would have been along the lines of, "man you are one h-e-l-l of a a$$. what is your problem? That was a totally rude thing to say."
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 12:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'm sure it would upset me for the time being. But I would bush it off if I trusted him before this.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I think it was he was overreacting a little but not necessarily hiding anything. My boyfriend has done that to me and its just annoying. I really dont CARE if he were to read any of my texts but if hes looking over my shoulder being nosy then I would probably most likely respond with something along the line of how yours responded.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You know I trust my DH and would never go digging through his stuff without just reason...but had he said that to me that would have been a total insult and would have sent up warning flags to me that something is up and he's got something to hide.

And just for a FYI I said earlier I would hit him upside the head...but no I would never do that. Just a figure of speech. Hitting up side the head is incredibly demeaning and I would not do so. But I'd want to I just wouldn't do it.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 12:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2009