Sex during pregnancy?

Yes, I know people can have sex during pregnancy, my concern though is whether or not I need to take precautions being that I'm very early in my pregnancy. I haven't seen a doctor yet, I'm only about 5 weeks pregnant(I took 4 tests). I'm having slight cramping(not even as severe as menstrual cramps) and some clear discharge which my mother told me was normal. What wouldn't you do during sex this early on, and when did you start taking precautions?

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 12:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ejaculation is fine, though an old wives tale says that when you're close to labor that it can speed things up, but baby will come when baby is ready...until then enjoy the next 9months or so of unprotected pleasure =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You are fine to have normal sex..I waited until I saw the dr just to put my mind at ease about everything..but you are just fine having normal sex.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'm 10 weeks along with my 3rd baby and we have never had to take any precautions. The cramps and discharge are normal, i still get them now and then most likely from streching. I wouldn't think you need to take precautions unless your doctor says so or if you are cramping and bleeding. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i know what you mean because i had a miscarriage about 3 months prior to my pregnancy with my daughter and i was VERY scared to have sex during this pregnancy for fear of another miscarriage. i know its not common at all for sex to cause one, i was still scared though. but after the first trimester i definitely felt pregnant and i knew it was a viable pregnancy so we started going at it again. and when we finally did.. oh man it was great! lol. but yeah sex any position that early in pregnancy is fine. my doctor told me every position during your whole pregnancy is fine.. but when you're 38 weeks pregnant, the last thing you wanna do is be bent over in the shower. haha sorry.. that was crude.
    well, some people might like it.. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• what do you mean by precautions? unless a doc tells you certain no nos....then sex is ok allll the way through pregnancy. some of the best sex I ever had with my husband was while I was pregnant. If you mean precautions, like whether or not to use toys or whether or not to use lube...that's entirely up to you. (again unless otherwise directed by doctor). nothing hurt me, vibrators and lube were all ok for me. have some fun girlie! I'll comment again if you clarify the precautions....
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I started taking precautions earlier than that (4weeks) but that was because I found out at 4weeks & was already put on bedrest by the time I reached 5weeks. You should do what YOU feel comfortable doing. Try to steer clear from rough sex & anything that could compromise your baby (I wont get into the kinky stuff, but you should know whats safe or not). Your body will tell you when it's not liking what is going on.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I would wait until you saw your doctor. Your cramping is normal but if your are worried about it no one on here can tell you if it is right for you. Best to wait until your doctor tells you its ok.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Thanks bunches for the answers... I dont really use toys or lube but I was more worried about positions, my bf is 300lbs and likes missionary best. We also sometimes get a little rough, but I doubt he'll do that now. Another thing that concerned me was him ejaculating in me. Not sureif that could hurt the pregnancy.
    Again, thanks for being so helpful, sometimes it just puts your mind at ease a little to hear it from other people. :)
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:46 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Hes also 6'3 so dont get the wrong picture in your head lmaooo
    youngfirsttimer