Ideas please!

I have been going crazy! Father's day is just around the corner and I have no clue what to do for my husband. It's his first Father's day and I want to make it special. I grew up without a father, therefore, I've never celebrated it. Could someone help me??

Mrs.Wasson

Asked by Mrs.Wasson at 12:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• this is just what i do, is tell my hubby happy fathers day as much as i can. and i usually cook a nice day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• cook a nice dinner
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• LMAO, Anonymous 12:27, you cook a nice day?? that's awesome!!! lol j/k
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• for my husband when he deployed the first time after we had our daughter, i made him dog tags w/our daughters birth info on it. i just had a second pair made b/c he is deployed and i just had our son so i sent those out to him for fathers day. he loves them and wears them even when he is home (i made it a joke saying now you can't forget her bday b/c he has to use my bday and our anniversary as passwords for stuff so he remembers. )
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Got my hubby a "Dad" ring his first year. He wears it nonstop.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You gave him a child. I don't think you can top that! Just make the day special. (nice dinner, maybe some alone time)

Answer by admckenzie at 12:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I like the idea about the dog tags...Some places even put photos on it so maybe you could do that... lol @ admckenzie... Iam giving my bfs father a grandchild, well notification of a grandchild lol
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 2:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Well, we're both in the army and he hardly wears his dog tags now as it is. LoL. Otherwise, that'd be a kickass idea.
    Mrs.Wasson

Answer by Mrs.Wasson at 3:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• What about making him a scrapbook or photo album with pictures of the child, and him with the child? Or make a special keepsake for him. Most of the time my hubs spends fathers day with my family-- my sis and I usually grill out at her house and have picnic food for our dad and my hubs while my kids run around the yard.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2009