I have some issues with my 2 1/2 yo!!

My daughter is almost 3 years old and she is drinking a sippy cup at night. She was on the bottle and I tried taking it away when she was 18 months old, but I live with her great grandma and she kept giving her a bottle back! She even went out and bought one when I threw the bottle away. Since then I started giving her one of the sippy cups with the really soft top and she takes that now instead. She even wants one at night. I really don't know what to do because I know that if I just take it away she will cry and her great grandma will think I am a horrible mom. Any suggestions on how to get her to forget about the sippy cup/bottle?

tiffalicious

Asked by tiffalicious at 12:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OK this is what you do... tell her great grandma that your are her mother. Take the sippy cup away from her and let her cry. There is no harm in letting her cry for a while. And if her GG tries to give it back to her then stop her and tell her to mind her own buisness. you are doing this for your daughter not her.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Not if she keeps getting one. That's really tough (and rotten!)

As long as it's filled with water, you may just have to put up with it (and the full overnight diaper/pull up) until she is willing to give them up herself. Sorry I don't have any thing else to suggest.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2009