How can I acquire a monkey for a pet.

lizzeh

Asked by lizzeh at 12:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Pets

• Most states I'm aware of it's actually illegal to have a pet monkey.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 12:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• LOL well I have a monkey, about to be 1 tomorrow hehehe. But you cant have him, hes too cute and Ill miss him, but Ill let you hold him if you wanna hehe
    mimom423

Answer by mimom423 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• hahahah you want my lil monkey who's 21mnths she'll keep gwynn entertained hahaha
    mmtosam06

Answer by mmtosam06 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Pet Monkey For Sale - Primates For Sale
    Are you looking to buy a pet monkey? Join our Monkeys for Sale mailinglist and we'll send you a monthly update on all pet monkeys for sale!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Oh I would love to have a monkey as a pet....but I can wish! LOL!
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Go to the toy store!!
    Creampuff07

Answer by Creampuff07 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Umm in alot of states its illegal if its not in your state and you still want one make sure you do some research but honestly I can't think of any where to get a pet money legally. You can try the Black Market but once again illegal.
    CuteCowgirlMami

Answer by CuteCowgirlMami at 8:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Hey Liz! Its actually not illegal as many people think. You need an exotic animal handlers license, and the monkey would need to be vet checked on a regular basis. Lucky for you because I have my tech license, I also have my exotic animal one too =) Somehow I don't think you are serious though, right?!
    katiekate

Answer by katiekate at 9:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I would not recommend having a monkey for a pet. I used to want them, but they aren't as great for pets as you think. My uncle had a pet spider monkey and he said it went to the bathroom every time it got excited and just overall that they don't make good pets.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 8:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I was around a pet monkey in Panama and when he got older he wanted to breed and starting acting wild. He bit two people that I know of and both got a horrible infection.
    Twinzies

Answer by Twinzies at 12:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2009