All this talk about pot makes me wanna know if you think its okay or not? Especially if you smoked during pregnancy why do you think its ok?

just wondering...

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 12:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i personally would never smoke pot while pregnant. i know two women who did and so far one has given birth, she gained over 80 pounds and had a five pound baby thru c section. the baby never cries and seems fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I did smoke during the first 2 months of my pregnancy. They did random tests right up til the end. I dont think its okay though either. You are putting your child at risk, if you dont care about yourself then fine, but atleast give that little human being a good starting chance in life. Esp. because they have no say in what you do. I am completly against drugs during pregnancy and it took me getting pregnant and some real soul searching to find that out. One time I worked at a pizza shop and a girl who was 8 months preg. was found in the bathroom with a needle stuck in her arm bleeding perfusly(sp).... how could you do that to your child, easy.... selfishness....
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i smoked a couple times in the first three months while pregnant.... i couldn't keep anything down and the only way i could was a hit. I smoked ALL the time before I was pregnant and helped me gain weight so I could get pregnant. I gained 9 lbs during my pregnany (lost 10 in the first 3 months!) My child was a normal weight, and is very healthy. I often feel if I would not have smoked I would have lost my baby. I WAS against smoking and being pregnant... but from research I have done I have found it is more helpful than harmful! I do NOT smoke currently and am SO underweight... but i won't smoke around my child. I'm sure that sounds weird to some of you that if i smoked during preg why would i not smoke later, but I don't want my baby knowing what it is until baby is between 16-18 (18 if I have a choice!) I want my child to be aware, not sheltered.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I stopped smoking pot the second I even thought I was pregnant. I didn't even so much as think about it the entire pregnancy. I was sharing my body with someone else, and I didn't feel that it was right for me to make that choice about HER body. When she was around 4 months old, I was offered a hit and I took it. I still smoke every once in a while, and I like doing it. I don't expose my daughter to it, and if I ever get pregnant again I will stop again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i read that post and i ouldnt believe that mothers were condoning that! horrified..and i come from an unsheltered life..lol i would never smoke anything during pregnancy.its selfish and disgusting..i cant believe mothers are saying my baby is fine no worried its okay to do drugs while pregnant...geez...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I didn't smoke Pot while Pregnant. But did light up the night afterwards in the bathroom. And I also had a girlfriend that said the same things as anonymous 12:45 couldn't eat and hold anything down So she would take a hit a few times a day. ( she too is a Very small lady ) But She and I have both stopped now and givin it up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I smoked a lot before I got pregnant and quit cold turkey the day I found out. I DO NOT think it is okay to smoke while pregnant. The poor innocent life that YOU decided to create does not deserve to live (and GROW for christs sake) in a womb full of smoke and other carcinogens...let alone illegal substances! (and hey, I smoked pot too before I got pregnant) What kind of responsibility is THAT taking for your childs life?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I like pot on the rare occassion I smoke it, which is like every 2-3 years. I have never bought it and never plan on it. Sometimes when you are having a good time with friends and it is someone you trust they offer and you can take a hit and be ok.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have NEVER smoked pot..... pregnant or not. I think it's disgusting and the one time I smelled it it was the grossest thing I have ever smelled. I would never want to smell like that, and just smelling it on the other person it was giving me a headache..... don't ever want to smell it again.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 12:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Okay ladies calm down.
    First off smoking home grown pot that comes from YOU is not AS harmful as the street pot.
    I googled it and smoking pot street or home grown has the same affects as those of you that smoke ciggarettes.
    Personally I would rather a mom smoked pot a few times during pregnancy than a ciggarette.
    There are no links of anything ebing harmful to a baby of a pot smoking mother, but it is proven to be harmful if you smoke ciggarettes, yet there's moms who sit here a bash pot smokers and probably puff your children into a cancerous death.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2009