My Son.....

Every night before bed at the same time... He cries and screams for an hour straught no matter what I do or give him he does it and I hate it because I have done everything I know to do and he still does it.. Any idea what I could be missing?
I give him..
Tylenol
Gas meds
Teething Tables
Oral Gel
He takes a sippy cup of formula and eats a bowl of oat meal.
I give him a binky..
I'm at a lose, any help would be awesome. Thank you

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He may just be anticipating bed time and has bedtime anxiety especially when he sees the sun go down. Does he co sleep or crib sleep, maybe he is afraid to be alone and it would be better to wait in the room till he falls asleep.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Since we moved he has been co-sleeping maily because we live in Oklahoma and it's hot and we only have one window unit and so he sleeps in the floor on some blankets at night next to our mattress and during the day he sleeps in his crib with a fan.. He does fine during the day
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Hum, then it's probably not night time anxiety because co-sleeping babies don't usually get that. Does he eat the oatmeal and drink formula before or after he begins crying? Maybe he's constipated,try adding some apple sauce to his oat meal, maybe that will help. Good luck, I hope things get better.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Try starting the whole routine earlier, he may be over tired.
    Do not give him tylenol every day, it can damage his liver. Save it for when he is really sick, high fever etc.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Thats why I asked cause it started about 3 days ago when we were staying at my moms house and after 3 days of this I didnt want to continue giving him tylenol but I didnt know what else to do..Thank you
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2009