I need help with this BBT thing!

This is the first time I have charted so I can see when I ovulate and figure out my body. After trying for 4 months in the middle of my cycle with no luck I figured I try this. I am hoping I am doing this right.

My question is when are your temps suppose to go down right before or the day of Af's arrival?

My cycles are normally 30 days and today af was suppose to start my latest is 31 days (tomorrow) but I haven't noticed my temps going down or know when its suppose to. This is my firsttime so I dont know what my luteal phase is suppose to be, but according to my chart I O'ed late so I dont think I can test yet

Also I normally spot about 2 days before af arrives and I haven't this cycle

can you all look at my chart and help me out please?

thanks!

http://www.mymonthlycycles.com/viewbbtcharts.jsp? id=b751&chartid=040abfe96810b00f

<

darkangel595

Asked by darkangel595 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• the link didnt show me your chart.
    but usually it dips the lowest at time of ovulation
    you usually will ov in the middle of your cycle.
    and the luteal phase is the second half of the cycle. or the 2 week waiting time.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• this is what it says...

The charting page you requested is not currently available. Most likely, this MyMonthlyCycles member temporarily has chart sharing disabled.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes, your temp is supposed to drop. I'd say you ARE pregnant from what you've written.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Your temp can drop the day before, the day of, or a few days after the start of your period. You'll have to chart for a few months to figure out what "normal" is for your body, and it can change every now and then. And the rule of thumb as far as detecting pregnancy is a luteal phase that's 3 days longer than your longest luteal phase (that can also change from cycle to cycle, though you will have a usual length) or 18 days. The average luteal phase is 11-14 days, so try to give it a few more days before you test.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I couldn't pull your chart, But, my best advice is not to go by the BBT, I got so frustrasted with it. Your temp should drop while you're about to go on your period. You most definetly could be pregnant! I would take a home preg test 5 days after missed period.
    If you end up not being pregnant this month I would go by the CM test and you should get clearer signs when you're ovulationing. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2009