does anyone have a newborn that has reflex?

reflex is when your child throws up alot and ya do you take your baby to a GI DR.? and what do they do with your baby...? my son is on regen 4x a day but ya

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I had to give my son cereal in his bottle. He did have to take medicine as well. But the cereal and med done the trick. He was a month old when we found out what he had.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You can also contact the La Leche League or a lactation specialist about restarting breastfeeding.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• ENFIMAL A.R. formula is made with added rice starch i used/still use that for my DD she had HORRID reflux switched to that and i feed her 2oz burped her fed her another 2oz burped her and then didnt lay her down for 30 minutes after eating had her sit upright also get a crib wedge for under her crib sheet or if in bassinet still roll a towel under one end of the bassinet sheet so she lays at a more upright angle. hope this helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I BF as it's a natural antacid, she got put on REFLUX meds 2 a day. I think it was prevacid. She also started solids two weeks early (5.5 months) to help hold her food down.
    You can hold your baby upright in your arms or in a sling, prop them in a bouncy, swing, carseat, etc. for about 30 minutes so that gravity can help hold their food down. At night you can put pillows UNDER the matress to help keep them at a an upright angle.

Allergies can make REFLUX worse. Maybe your child is allergic to what you are eating (babies aren't allergic to human milk) such as cow's milk, soy, corn, peanuts, tree nuts, shelfish, fish, etc. Also cut out caffein because it can get into your milk and cause them more REFLUX.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You can go on an elimination diet. If your baby is on formula switch them to a hypoallergenic formula. My daughter would have to have been on Neocate but I breast fed so we didn't need it. Lucky too since it's like 40 dollars a can.

MoonLover06

• i ran out of brest milk he thorws up ever if i dont move him... his on rice cereal in his food i just cant change his formula b/c his a preemie and his doc have to say i can change it.... hmmm ya
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 2:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• then talk to the doctor...
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2009