• In the Spotlight:

Do you have tattoos?

How many and what are they? What made you get it?

NicMorgan

Asked by NicMorgan at 1:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• first one on 18th birthday blue dolphin on lower back second one fiery sparrow between shoulder blades

just like them
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have the symbol for my birth sign [[Taurus]] on my right hip with the word "Taurus" in cursive underneath it. The symbol is colored blue && I got it b/c I'm really big into astrology && horoscopes && it was the only thing I could think of that I would want on my body for the rest of my life..lol. I also have plans to get some purple stars added to it when I get the money.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I do not have tatoos. I never felt the desire to have any. Many of my girlfriends have one but I just never got into that.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have a butterfly in between my shoulder blades. I'm getting ready to get an angel with a stargazing lily on it. it's rememberence of my baby I lost .
    mommyof302

Answer by mommyof302 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I've got eight, in various places. A razorblade with the center 'cut out' as a heart (back of neck), a custom drawn (by a friend) girl with bat wings and forked tail (right bicep), an ankh (left bicep), a skull and cross bones (right calf), a custom tribal (same guy as the bat-girl) with a private name written in Theban below it (lower back), a small heart that says 'mom' (the underside of my lower right arm, above wrist), Kanji symbol for 'burn' (top side of lower left arm, above wrist), and a watch styled tattoo of a pentacle with double vines extending around my wrist from each side (right wrist). All are black work entirely, except for the heart (black outline and text, blue interior of heart), and the razor, which has pink swirls in it.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 1:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• A few are unfinished, and several need touch up work. I also have plans for many more. DF's are much nicer than mine, though. :P Actually, all of mine are custom drawn or drawn by me, except for the basic ankh, the Kanji character, and the skull.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 1:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have one... my daughters name on my shoulder blade... when we have our second his/her name will go a little lower on my other side and i will eventually have a full back piece. My hubby has one sleeve and 10 other tats...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have a full sleeve on my right arm that is various dragons representing air and water. (eventually I am going to have earth and fire represented on the other arm). It represents my connection to nature. I have roses and fire on my right side - roses are my favorite flower and fire is my favorite element. I have a tribal design on my left shoulder blade - I just liked the design. I have a dragon wrapped around a tribal design on my left calf - yeah, I like dragons a lot, plus they represent protection. And I have another tribal on my right calf that was a friendship thing.

And I'll stop getting tattooed when I run out of skin......lol
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 2:00 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have three. My first is a sparrow my best friend designed for me on my ribs. The second is Kokopelli behind my ear. We used to do mountain man rendezvous when I was little and it represents that time of my life. He was an indian tradesman who would play his flute from place to place bringing goods and items from different places. It is also said he brought fertility to women which is funny because only a few months later I became pregnant. hahaha

The last is a tiny sparrow on my hip bone. I had an anxiety attack one day and was sooo upset that I decided to get another bird to remind myself everything will be ok.

and that is what it symbolizes to me. Plus the tattoo artist who did that one and I had a really deep conversation and what he said really helped me.

Sounds dumb, I know.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have two. One in between my shoulder blades. It is a sun with a moon and stars inside it. I got it when I was 18 because I was being a crazy college student. Then when I was 21, I got one on my lower back, it is also a sunshine. This one is black with a face in it. I got it the summer I graduated from college. I would LOVE to get another one, but my hubby doesnt want me to.
    bubbasmama907

Answer by bubbasmama907 at 3:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2009