Need a acurate answer please....

ok, a week ago last monday I was in a car accident were I was rear ended and the guy was going 40 mph. I felt alright after, just a head ache but I thought it was from being prego (Im almost 10 weeks now), well I told the cops I didnt need a medic and I also didnt tell them I was prego. Later that day my legs were getting weak and almost gave out and I started to get blurred vision, ok I thought I'll just sleep it off. I woke up the next morning and I couldnt even move my neck, went to the ER and found out I had a concusion. Well they told me to come back if it didnt get better or if it got worse. So today it got alot worse, so I went back and they told me I knocked a disk in my spine out of place, but they cant do anything because I am pregnant, so I have to wait almost 8 months with this pain. And they told me I will be put on bed rest within the next two months because I have been cramping and bleeding ever since. Cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• I did go to the doctor and the baby looks ok, but we really cant tell til Im further along. The insurance company has been calling me nonstop, and they are trying to see how much I will get for my settlement, and I am just curious how much other people in a similar situation have gotten...I know that sounds greedy but I have a toddler and soon another baby to take care of. And I also have to be in ALOT of pain for 8 months so I think I deserve it. I forgot to mention I had to quit work because I cant lift my arms to do hair cuts any more....the doctor says I will never be able to go back to a salon....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• This is a question for an ATTORNEY. The amount of the award, if any, will vary.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Make sure when your at doctor they are noting it is due to a car accident. You don't want to sign ANYTHING yet. Pretty much the insurance will try to get you to sign something saying that this check covers everything.

You are on bed rest and lost your lively hood. Not to mention you will have future medical problems. Once your back is injured it never fully heals. You can call an attorney and the consultation is free. If you don't like them or they charge to much (most charge 30% of all settlement awards) you can move on to another one.

Be prepared for your mailbox to be flooded. Don't call any of the people who solicit you. They are called ambulance chasers and probably have low business. Ask around someone probably knows a good attorney if you choose to go that way.

partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 2:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Both posters are right. You go get an atty...NOW. Have your doc or chiro (good thing to find one if you havent) document everything. Yes, have them note this is due to car accident. Make sure you have a copy of the police report. If you feel that talking to the insurance co is not beneficial then find an atty for sure. They likely will not give you what you deserve. I am not quoting those atty commercials either. Its a fact that they do that. I used to work for Allstate. Do not settle until you speak with an atty. He can tell you what to do and possibly take over from there with the correspondence. Im so sorry youre having such a hard time. Yes you do deserve compensation for your lost wages and your med bills. Sounds like you have a decent case.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You need to retain an attorney. You won't have to pay anything up front because they get a percentage of your settlement. The insurance company(if you have already retained an attorney which it doesn't sound like you have) needs to contact your attorney. Don't give them any information, just tell them to speak with your attorney. I've been in an accident before when a teenager was driving and my two boys who were 3 and 5 at the time were in the double stroller. He was at a stop light and had his buddies in the car and music blaring and hit the stroller and it took everything in my body to keep them from going under. He was starting to turn the corner after stopping. Anyway, my point is....for future reference....always always go after an accident to the hospital even if you do feel fine. My father told me that.

Insurance companies are shady when it comes to settlements. You can get a free consult from attorneys.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Why on Earth if you were pregnant and in a car accident would you NOT go get checkout immediately after the accident?
    Anonymous

• Seriously.. why not?
    Anonymous