Okay seriously, what is the deal with the belly button sensations?

I have had them throughout this whole pregnancy, my belly button just feels weird. I get these little tugging sensations, which make more sense now that I am 21 weeks, but I am doubting it's baby because I have had them on and off since about 8 weeks or so and my baby is usually really low still... Any ideas?

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 1:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I get that too, and I'm going on 22 weeks. I've had them since 9 weeks or so. Ever notice the weird feeling when you get an ultrasound, and the tech puts pressure on the ultrasound wand right over your belly button?

*shiver*

Weird.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 1:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Have you had this looked at or ultrasounded? Two things come to mind (although it could be nothing at all) but this is what comes to mind for me...1. I don't know what it's called, but the placenta is attached to the front (your belly/belly button area) instead of the back or bottom. You have to be more careful that it doesn't get bumped and unattached. This happened to me in my last pregnancy, but it never came detatched (which is called what Placenta Privia). 2. my sis is small and so in her 3rd pregnacy, it pushed on her belly button I guess and she had to go into surgery to have it redone, I forgot what it was called...but it was like a pulled belly button..i cannot think for the world of me what it's called...but just make sure it's none of these!
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 2:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Holy crap... I'm only 4 weeks and I sometimes get a VERY slight sensation directly underneath my belly button. I can distinguish it from cramps because its closer to my outer skin than internally.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 3:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2009