Anyone ever have a close SCARY encounter like this??

Yesterday I took my DD to see some relative's on her Dad's side and by the time we got home it was bedtime. After I put her and DS to bed my Mom came over (she lives across the street) to use my sewing machine. I told her to go ahead and I was going outside to sit and read b/c it was a nice night. So I go out on my back porch and sit down. BTW my back porch is closed in, its has a brick wall thats about 3 ft tall and then its screens all the way up. As I was reading I heard a noise in the yard but didnt pay any mind to it figuring it was the neighbors, then I heard it again. So I started to listen and all of the sudden I hear snorting/sniffing really loud right outside the edge of the porch and I could feel the hair on my arms stand up. I go over to the screen and look out and see an animals snout, so I think to myself 'someones dog is in my yard" ..

Will continue in the comment area below....

Vsoul0608

Asked by Vsoul0608 at 1:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just as I was about to tell it to go home, it got up on its hind legs and put its nose on the screen right about eye level with me and I about pissed my pants because it was NOT a dog. It was a huge freaking BLACK BEAR!!! I literally froze, I didnt know what to do. I backed up slowly, opend the door and RAN in the house screaming "HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT!" My mom came running out and I told her what happened, she got out the flashlight and we looked out and sure enough the bear was walking back down into the woods. I was so scared I shook for an hour! Needless to say my mom ended up sleepin on my couch, afraid to walk back across the street in the dark!

Then tonight after I put my DD to bed I was putting dishes away and I heard her talking saying "nice doggy, i not scared of the doggy" so I go to see whats she talking about and she says "doggy outside" I look out and its the freaking bear again!!

Continued below again
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Now Im scared to go anywhere that will keep me out after dark for fear the bear will be out there while Im trying to get the kids in the house. I freak out over every little noise.

Anyone else ever have a close SCARY encounter like this and what did you do?

Also if anyone knows if there is any way to keep it away or a place to call to get rid of it I would GLADLY appreciate it!
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I hope you called 911! If that bear sees easy food it will keep coming back.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I would say get a really tall STRONG fence!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• OMG! That's funny but not funny at the same time. I'm sorry but it is too funny.
    mommyof302

Answer by mommyof302 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You need to let the animal control people know. They need to trap and move or euthanize the bear. It is too close to humans and will not go away once it has found a food source. Keep all your pets and children inside and call them.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• WOW that is so freakin' scary! Where the crap do you live...that is going to give Me nightmares. I would be leaving some lights on and bringing baby to sleep with me...do you have a dog? A gun? YIKES!
    blumoonmom

Answer by blumoonmom at 1:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Ha well I was going to say that once when I was 4 I was playing in my grandparents backyard and this animal that looked like a lion came wandering into the backyard so I ran in the house screaming "There's a lion outside!!!!" Turns out it was just one of those Chow dogs that lived up the street. But what's a 4 year old know about a damn chow dog when it looks like a lion? Anyways, yeah if I were you I'd call animal services or something. A black bear should not be loose in the neighborhood and certainly nowhere near your kids!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• So a couple of weeks ago, on a Friday night, my dad and my uncle had been drinking at my parent's house. My mother was reading in her bedroom, and my dad busts in and screams "there's a Fing bear in our tree." My mom laughs, and tells him he had too much to drink. He insists there is a bear in the tree, so my mom grabs her camera and my dad grabs his shotgun and they go outside. Sure enough, a little(about 6 ft long) bear cub is in my mother's tree. She got a really good picture while my dad called 911. Apparently, this bear had been seen all over that side of town.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Not quite that bad but when I was little we lived at the bottom of a "mountain" and we would get mountain lions running down our street.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2009