What was your child's first word?

My daughter's first word was "ow". We thought it was because she kept bumping into things as she crawled around, then we realized she was doing it only when she was after the cat. Yup, you got it. She was talking to the CAT!!!

whytfrog

Asked by whytfrog at 1:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• mama....lol I made sure of it. I said it to him constantly.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• "Barney" My oldest DD was a huge fan (she is almost 15 now & gets totally embarrassed whenever I tell people that).
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I want to say mama, but I'm pretty sure that was just a babble. It was definitely ball.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• no in hindi
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• BRA!?!?, Never knew why he only said that for 6 months! My brother would mess around and say "Alex, when you go out with a girl, you're gonna take off her"? and he would say BRA? "Hey, Alex what does mommy always hang on the doorknob of the bathroom door...? "BRA"?, Yeah, it got old after a while and now my son just laughs at this. Heck he was only 1 year old.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my son's first word (beyond mama, dada, stuff like that) was bed.
    my daughter's first word was mine.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my oldests forst ws "dog" it was great that year at the zoo everything was a "dog" a "kitty" or a bir (d)

my youngest was OK...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I don't remember the oldest ones first words, but my youngest said "Thank you ma'am". No kidding a whole sentence right off the bat.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 3:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Dada (or dada dada dada dada)...his first real word that wasn't repetitive was cat
    Domzmom2005

Answer by Domzmom2005 at 6:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Hi!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2009