Wanna swap household item tricks?

What household item have you found a "double duty" for?
Mine are:
-Coffee filters (to wash windows)
-Dryer Sheets (to keep bees away...just rub it all over your clothes/put in your back pocket)
-Baking Soda (for pretty much everything...lol)

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 1:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Peanut butter to clean leather items (couches, coats, motorcycle seats)
    Foil wrap to remove rust from baking pans or other metal items (use the shiny side)
    Dryer sheets folded into tennis shoes to help keep them smelling fresh
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Peanut Butter, thats great! Thanks!
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:53 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Anytime! Use a soft cloth or soft toothbrush to rub it into the item & don't be afraid to really rub it in--the peanut oil is a natural conditioner. Use a clean cloth to wipe it off & then follow with a good leather cleaner (like Saddle Soap). Oh, & use Creamy Peanut Butter!!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• LoL...I was just picturing what a mess it would be to use chunky peanut butter. Oh, easily amused.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• When my son had a yeast infection diaped rash the doc. told us to use athletes foot cream/ anti fungal. I guess that might be dual use.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i use vinager to clean my counters/windows/tables/floors..... only smells for a min.
    bakingsoda is a must in this house......
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Peroxide cleans everything and anything, it is cheap and it has no harsh chemicals. Also a great on cuts and scrapes. I put it in a spray bottle a week ago and have used the whole thing. For rust stains, lemon juice and cream of tartar.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I also use old socks and other clothing like t-shirts to clean something that I don't want to save the cleaning cloth for. I wash the old clothing just to clean something and happily throw it in the trach. I call that Super recycling.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• sticking dryer sheets on the top of a celing fan, makes the room smell fresh..and also sticking a dryer sheet on each corner between your boxspring and matress keeps bugs away
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Use baby wipes for for the stove if you have burn on fat. It works!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Jun. 3, 2009