would if be wrong to name my daughter something a friend has named her daughter??

I mean does it really matter to copy?? especially if its been and is your favorite name......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, not at all. If your really that uncomfortable you can talk to her about it. You can tell her that this is what you are naming your daughter. How does she feel about it. Ultimately it's your choice and she should be flattered. Or did she steal the idea from you, and use it before you? Either way the final choice is yours and a name is something for a lifetime. You should give your child a name that means something to you.

susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 2:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes. I was named Susie and I had a cousin (younger) named Susie. I hated it. I really hated it. I spent years trying to be ME and not the other Susie. I think it is rude beyond measure to do that to children.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• unless she's copyrighted the name, you can go ahead and use it. it's not like your friend is the only one ever to name their child that. my friend named her daughter after mine, middle names included, and i thought it was sweet.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong, it's your child you can name her whatever you want.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2009