help, I dropped my camera while loading pictures!

right in the middle of loading I dropped my camera, all I got loaded on my computer was about a quarter of the photos I took but I could still see all the pictures in the camera so I tried to start over, but it kept saying processing then it would end and say connection lost. then I would try again, then the flash went off and now I can't see my pictures nor can I shut the camera off! after the flash it said too much charge or something, I don't remember but now all the camera window shows in glowing blue is the words Sanyo and I can't do anything, not even take new pictures! what do I do? are my photos lost?

Imamom4sure

Asked by Imamom4sure at 1:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I don't think this encompasses all the later stuff you described, the "too much charge" etc., but I was going to suggest unplugging the cord from the computer and the camera, then starting over and trying again from the beginning. (Assuming you use a cord and not a camera dock.)

That worked for me once when I interrupted an upload and then couldn't get the camera to begin again.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 2:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Do that. Also, assuming you're using an SD (or type) card, take the batteries out of the camera so it can reset.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 2:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I don't know what model camera you have so I can't link you to the correct forum, but if you go to dpreview.com and then under forums, find the one for your brand, they could possibly be of more help.

Each brand of camera may have two or three forums. Sony for instance has Sony SLR Talk and Sony Talk. If your camera is a compact Sony, you would go to the Sony Talk forum.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Thanks I still don't know if my camera will work, my dh and ds think that the battery just suddenly died, I will try sony talk if recharging the battery and starting over doesn't work, anyway, the battery is being charged, I'll let you know tomorrow if it works, my fingers are crossed!
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 1:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Okay, the battery did die, but unfortunately the camera is broke to make down loads from, however, I moved the card that was in it to another camera so now I can save those pictures. At least the camera is still usable for taking pictures but if I want to print or save them else where, the camera is no good.:(
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 9:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2009