Do I NEED nusery water?

Do I have to buy nursery water or can I use a water purifier?

BeccaBoo518

Asked by BeccaBoo518 at 2:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Generations have gotten by with not using nursery water. Use a water purifier. It will be fine.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• what is nursery water?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• If you have a well just boil your tap water. If you have city water and you are sure you don't have unsafe pipes then you can just use tap. We used boiled water from the Britta filter. The concerns are lead (old pipes - needs to be filtered), or bacteria (from a well - needs to be boiled).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I agree with beckcorc. thats what my dr told me to do.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 8:44 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• nope! All it has in it that regular water does not have is, FLOURIDE, which if taken too much can be really bad for your health. Not sure why they even make that water. Funny though, if your talking about the nursery water with the pink label on it, i actually know that baby in the front. His mom got $5,000 for putting her kid on that nursery water label.....heck my baby was SO much cuter!

Nursery water is a waste of money, don't even worry about it. He does not need flouride, its harmful to our health. Google it, it's fact.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• How can a baby develop a healthy immune system if all they are exposed to is purified? If you can drink the water, your baby can drink the water.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I just use tap water.
    StefMc07

Answer by StefMc07 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• most city water is fine. Where I live, the water contains floride. I have used nursery water for convience at times. my daughter is very healthy.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:46 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I just use the filtered water from the fridge and I haven't had any problems.
    rebeccasmommy09

Answer by rebeccasmommy09 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I use filtered fridge water...never had any problems.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2009