I can not, for the love of all that is good, go to sleep and stay asleep at night!

My three month old had been going to bed around two or three at night. I now have him going to bed at eleven or twelve and we will all fall asleep. However, he is getting to where he will sleep seven or eight hours at night instead of three or four. But I wake up now three hours later on the dot wide awake like I have just taken a nap.

How can I stop the insomnia???

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Health

• Turn all your clocks away from you. I swear I can read them subconsciously, we did this and it really helped me.
    Warm/Cool bath before bed, hot decaf tea, cut out caffeine several hours before bed, read a really boring book before bed and pick it up when you wake up to read yourself back to sleep.
    I had the same issue.
    After about a week, it just went away. My preferred method is reading, I read trashy romance novels that I've read a million times before and are very predictable. Puts me to sleep within a few pages. :)
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 8:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• ive found out a few things. melted cheese makes u sleepy. if u smoke a ciggy will help. or mind numbing tv
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 2:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Melted cheese? That is odd. I'll have to try that. The tv just keeps me awake and I am nursing so I quit smoking before my pregnancy.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• valerian root
    chamomile tea
    relaxation exercises

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2009