Am I straight or not?

I have been boy crazy since i was 12, (im 28 now). About a couple of years ago i started feelin attracted to a female, (a butch), well last year i left my husband for her. She is everything I ever wanted, loving, caring, thoughtful, sweet, protective, charming, and very affectionete. I enjoy her romance alot more than a guys affection. I dont really feel like I want romance and affection from a male. I feel more comfortable with her. Does that make me bi? Les.? Or just confused? I love her and i wanna spend the rest of my life with her. But what am I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• You are you. You want to be with her. Why do you need to worry about a label for it? If and when someone asks, then you say to them "This is my partner ____, I love her very much and we're very happy together." Or, "Yes, I was married to John, but we're no longer together. Have you met my life partner Jane?"

And leave it at that. If they inquire farther, wanting to know if you're "still into men" or anything like that - you look at them with and, with eyebrows raised and everything, say "why, are you propositioning me??" Followed immediately with "I don't really see how that's any of your business, or even relevant, since, as I said, I'm in a relationship with Jane, and gay, straight, or bi, I believe in monogamy." Then walk off.

As far as your partner (only other person besides you whose business this is), you explain it to her like you did here. I think she loves you for you, not for a label.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i would label myself...but i would say that ur bi! The affection of a woman is 360 from a man.....but ur not lez......bc u were married sweetie! She caught u at a good time when u needed affection!
    sunshyne251

Answer by sunshyne251 at 6:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• well, I disagree with sunshyne, just b/c you were married doesn't mean you can't be a lesbian. I know plenty of lesbians who were once married. As for answering the question, I think anon said it best: Why label it? You are in a relationship that makes you feel happy, secure and loved. Who cares what the rest of the world wants to call it? If she is pressuring you to label yourself, I'd simply explain to her that you really don't know what you would call yourself, you just know that you are happy with her and you don't plan on changing anything. Congrats on finding someone that makes you feel so good.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• you cant help who you fall in love with. I dont think you need a label. You are you, and you are in love with her. Thats all that matters. Congrats! And be happy.
    DIANE463

Answer by DIANE463 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2009