sahm: how and when do you relax?

sami7jami8

Asked by sami7jami8 at 3:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• after she's asleep or when she's napping... i usually sit somewhere (couch or bed) and just sit. Or i take a bath and actually get to shave! That is prob my FAVORITE thing to do!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Well, up to this point SO was at work while the kids were in school so I would take breaks between housework and do various things like watching tv, getting on the computer, gardening, or playing with my animals. Now that it is summer - SO is still at work during the day, SD spends every other week with her BM, SS lives with his BM, and DD is here with me ALL THE TIME - she is 18 and just graduated a week and half ago and she tends to stay up kind of late so, as you can see from the timestamp on my post, my main relaxation comes from getting on the computer after everyone goes to bed. Due to this, there are some days I just don't really get to relax.

I just realized that sounded sort of complicated. But that's my life. But for everybody's sake I try to find time to relax whenever I can - even if it is only for 5 minutes. Every little bit helps.
    LifeGoesOn08

Answer by LifeGoesOn08 at 4:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Lol well I am still up at 1:22 AM! I relax after the kids are in bed. When my hubby is gone, I do housework after they are in bed then sit up on the internet for a while. I also like watching my tv shows after the kids are in bed with a nice snack.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• When I need to relax, I wait until the evenings, I tell hubby I am leaving and I go to the outlet mall down the street. I either window shop or buy clothes that are on clearance. I talk to all the store managers that I know and I just do what I want. I dont even mind running errands, I just want to be ALONE!! I do get up fairly early so I have a few hours before my kids get up to do my thing, play on the computer or whatever.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Usually I take a break at nap time. That's when I eat my lunch and either read, use the computer, watch TV, or I nap. If you think this makes me lazy try to keep in mind that I am up multiple times per night with my son and I don't go right back to sleep so I only sleep for 1-2 hour stretches at a time on any given night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I don't get much of one, but usually after the boys are in bed I take a break. And I pop on and off on here for quick breaks (which most days is all I get! :D)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• The shower. I have a rule that no kids can come in the bathroom when I'm in the shower. I get my 15 minute of peace and quiet. And times like now when my hubby leaves for work and the kids are still sleeping. Or nap time. You take what you can get.
    Princess02266

Answer by Princess02266 at 7:03 AM on Jun. 4, 2009