• In the Spotlight:

Does i t mean?

Does it mean your ugly when noone ever compliments you? My ex husband left me for another woman over a year and half ago. I feel like i deserve it sometimes because if noone else finds me attractive, then why should have he?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Physical beauty is meaningless, it truly is what is on the inside that counts.
    If you don't love yourself, no one else will.
    There are many resources available for mental health support, please find one.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Your self-esteem has been through the ringer! Do things that build you up as a person-- take a class, start exercising, take care of YOU. Read books on self-esteem issues and work on how you view yourself. The above poster is right, how you treat yourself is how others will treat you.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:00 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Look in the mirror. Would you like this person if you met her? The answer is, you can't possibly know, because all you see is a bit of skin and hair. Who the person actually is, you can't know until you talk with her and learn about her.
    To answer your question. people don't usually go around saying you're pretty, you're ugly. And besides, even though it is normal to care what others think of the way we look, we should try to not base our self-esteem on this. When you get over the poor-treatment that you suffered, you'll get that spark back that says Hey, I am beautiful!

Answer by Bmat at 7:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Oh boy, Im sorry about what happened to you but i think its time to do some self- reconstructing. Try to get into things that you like. You can excercise, even if your thin, it makes you feel better about yourself. Just do anything to try make you a better you because you are worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• NO WAY!!!!! girl please no one in this world is ugly. There are people who are attracted to other people and never say anything.

Please do not take your husband leaving you as a sign that you are ugly. His his fault, his guilt, his thing.

self esteem is something lacking..and you need to work on that. from inside out..

not having anyone approach you may be a good thing. sometimes we are given lenghty time periods to heal, to work on self, and to focus on those things that really matter. take this time and indulge yourself. build up your confidence and don't take anything your husband said or did to you to make you feel ugly... don't take it as a view of yourself.

the most beautiful women in the world have been abused beyond belief. You will get your mate again when it is time. in the meantime do you. make yourself believe what really is the truth that you are beautiful.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Wow. Can you control the weather, too?

Your husband left you for another woman because he doesn't honour his vows, because he says one thing and does another and because he's looking outside himself for solutions to his inner unhappiness, including swapping other people in the vain hope that it's 'out there' that is the problem with his life, not 'in here' where it really is a mess.

What has any of that got to do with you?

There are a great many reasons why people don't do what we think they should, starting with the fact that they aren't telepaths and have no idea we think they should.

If you feel you're low on compliments, make a daily practice of complimenting yourself -- genuinely -- in the mirror at least 5 times. No one else can appreciate for us something we despise, even if it is ourselves.

Look at Karsch photos, he was a master of showing beauty in the most unlikely faces.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Hmmm I think maybe you need to do an evaluation of your life and give it a make-over
    You are feeling down and depressed- well time to start thinking of things to do that you enjoy and make you feel good-- like going to the gym, take a class, learn a hobby.... and be sure to do one 'pick me up' activity every day.
    You feel 'ugly'- well have you let yourself go? Maybe it is time for a new hairstyle or a new hair color/highlights, some new clothes, maybe loose weight if you are heavy, have a make up make-over by a store make up person or a mary kay lady- sometimes a change in appearance can make a big difference in how we see ourselves
    Look in the mirror every day and say "I am beautiful, I am worthy, my ex is a jerk"
    I would also suggest seeing a therapist- to help with self-esteem issues.
    Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2009