i dont even want to go anymore! *tears

So me and my DH planned a tri[p to the other side of florida for his bday. Somehow our friends (bob and jullie) got in on the trip. Now julie and i both just had babys. Mine is 8 months hers is 6. I gained alot of weight when i was pregnant and still havnt lost it all, and i have streatch marks everywhere from my boobs to my but to my stomach to all down my legs. She gained liek nothing and is teeny tiny. So she went and bought this skimpy little bathing suit. Im going to look like a whale next to her. I cried all last night because this was supose to be a trip to get me and my hubby back on track as we are going through trouble right now and all hes gunna see is a skinny almost naked girl and my fat ass all weekend. trip is in 2 weeks so its not like i can lose all the weight by then. Any advice on how to hide or idk not feel as crappy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• try to spend time away from these friends. look for a sexy little onepiece...they are everywhere right now! Remember, confidence is beauty. Don't compare yourself to her....she isn't you and you aren't her. You are two seperate people and that is a GREAT thing. Start going to the tanning bed immediately...it will reduce the appearance of stretchmarks and it will give you a little more confidence....also tanning slims you. Go get a great haircut if you can. Buy some cute outfits made for your body type if you can. Otherwise go and remember the REAL reason you and hubby are going on this trip and focus just on that.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 8:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• These are badges of honor Mamma! I know they are no fun and horrible to look at, but you had a baby for the love of God. It is not like you sat on your ass in front of the tube eating twinkies all day and got fat. What problems are you having with your DH? Is he the kind of person you can be open and honest with? Can you go to him and tell him you are feeling insecure? Would he understand? I would hope he could sympathize with you as it is after all his baby too. These issues are mostly yours, you are uncomfortable and I guess rightfully so, but you need to reinvent yourself now. The new you! You have been given great advice above, Get that hair cut, buy some outfits good for your shape. Tanning makes the rough edges look better so start tanning in a bed before the trip. If you can't love yourself no one else should be expected too. Have fun!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I hear you on the stretch marks, I'm covered too. I also haven't recovered my weight after my last baby. Me and dh are having issues and that dosen't help with the weight seeing as I'm an emotional eater. He still loves me and wants to be with me despite my weight and low selfesteem right now. Does dh know how you're feeling? If you talk to him about it it may bring you closer and he may help you feel better about yourself.
    Talk to your friends and see about them not joining you or talk to them about how you and dh are going to have some alone time on certain occasions. I silently curse skinny mom's right now. Helps me feel better and laugh at the situation.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Or, you could take a realistic view: your body is what it is. It is not horrible, and hers is not better. The author of The Happiness Myth wrote the fitness regimines, dietary restrictions and shame plaster to everyone but those with 'perfect' bodies are no less restrictive or sexist than the corsets and foot-binding of the past. They don't make people happy, either.

You are uncomfortable with your body because you believe ridiculous things about what bodies are supposed to look like, and how (little) you're supposed to change. When my 4yo neice declared that she wasn't going to have her body change and wasn't, thank you very much, going to go through puberty, it struck me: Our bodies do not stay the same for one day in a row, from conception to death. You can be miserable or relieved by that knowledge, it's up to you. Either way, your body will be how it is tomorrow and the next day.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• amandah321 i know how ya feel i had my daughter 6 yrs ago and i still have not lost all the weight yet or even close that is very hard to do, but anon i agree with her every couple needs alone time.
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 11:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2009