3 children, 1 bed

I'm babysitting 2 boys for a friend today. The ages of the children (including mine) are 19 months, 28 months, and 4 years. I have one bed, and 3 children that take naps at the same time. My DD still nurses to sleep a lot of the time.

How do I get 3 children to sleep in one bed without rough housing? How do I keep them from waking each other up once they're finished with their naps?

ETA The bed Im talking about is a queen sized bed with DDs crib set up as a cosleeper.

epoh

Asked by epoh at 8:05 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• sometimes i have to put one of mine on the couch, on the rare occasion another "camped" under the kitchen table. but then i have to hide out all quiet in my room! sometimes it is easier just to skip nap time! good luck!!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Have two children face down and one face up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• How about sleeping bags, or just laying some blankets and pillows out for them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Why can't you put the older one in the bed and the younger one on the floor with two blankets and a pillow and then put your DD in her bed when the other two are a sleep. Your a parent and you can figure that out on your own and why did'nt you ask the other parent to bring a pack-n-play over. Oh don't you have a couch?? think about what your asking here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Anon :25 I didn't ask her to bring a pack and play, because first, neither of us owns one. And second, children of their ages are too big to be in a pack n play. It can tip over. And I do have a couch, but do not feel comfortable with having small children sleeping on a couch.

Anon :16 thank you for the idea. I asked this because I have never had this delima before. I did not even think to put blankets down (kind of a duh lol Im working on my first cup of coffee still :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• By the way you can put a 28 month old in a pack-n-play, There not gonna tip over. How about you drink some more coffee then come back on and read what you have asked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• how bout you get an enema to help that bug crawl out of your asshole rude anon? she was just asking a question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Good grief it was a simple question. YES they can tip over. My daughter is only 19 months and I can't leave her alone in it because she grabs the rail and starts rocking it back and forth and it did tip one time but not over. Blankets on the floor are fine.

I don't understand why people can't just answer a simple question without being rude.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• put the kids in the bed cross ways maybe and one down and two up. I think the rude anon needs some coffee or a midol maybe. :)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Have a camp out and put blankets on the livingroom floor or bedroom floor. I would think they all would be ok in the queen sized bed together.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2009