What is your opinion on circumcision?

Have you, or would you, circumcise your male child? I am having a heated debate with a friend over the topic and was just curious how other people felt about it.

dawpea

Asked by dawpea at 8:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MY ANSWER IS.. THIS HAS BEEN ASKED A TRILLION BILLION TIMES AND ITS JUST A DRAMA STARTED QUESTION ! ME PERSONALLY COULD GIVE A RATS BUTT MY HUBBY IS UNCUT AND HEY IT STILL DOES THE TRICK BUT IF U WANT TO FINE IF U DONT FINE NOT MY KID OR KIDS PENIS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I find it to be not needed, and not my decision unless it could become medically needed. What right do I have to chop off a piece of my child?
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Not medically needed, my son is 5, never had a problem, he has his whole penis and I am happy for him.

Most people really dont understand about being intact. So you will get a lot of misinformed people on here...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I agree to a degree with Colleen, that it should be the child's choice. Yes, it may be more painful for him as an adult to have it done, but it's his choice. We didn't have him circumcised, though for me it was more of a faith thing. I feel that it is something that many people have done because of their faiths, and as far as I know, Paganism does not require it, so I left it up to my hubby. He didn't care either, so we chose not to, finances played a role too, but only a small one.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• This is not a drama started question. I have only been a member for about 1 month and I haven't seen it asked ONE TIME. It's a valid question and has come up over a conversation I have had with a friend that lives in another country. I won't tolerate any rudeness against my question.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 8:44 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Its a cosmetic procedure and it should be the child's choice. My husband, son and all the other members of my family are intact and none of them have had any problems!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:46 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• ITS NOT RUDNESS AND UR ON CAFE MOM GET USED TO GETTING TOLERATING RUDENESS! LOL AND A WHOLE MONTH WELL GEEE.. U MUST HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS AND KNOW ALL THE QUESTIONS RIGHT... LOL LOOK UP PAST QUESTIONS FROM BEFORE YOU.. OR LOOK UNDER POLLS... UR NOT THE FIRST.. OR THE LAST. AND TRUST ME I WASNT BEING RUDE.. U WOULD KNOW IF I WAS HUNNY..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i had both my boys circumsized. i believe it to be a religous obligation. (people are free to do with their children what they will). I don't tell others what to do or not do.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/search.php?keyword=circumsized there u go ms. dawpea.. NOW tell me its not a drawn out question!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'm actually not sure. Kind of glad i had a girl & didn't have to deal with that. BUT, i do remember when my nephew was circumcised. His dad was in tears when he walked out of the room where they perform the procedure. He said he will NEVER do that again, he will never circumcise another child after that horrible experience. There is also a lot of evidence that shows circumcised men can develop  stress disorders from that trauma. They don't use pain killer. My friend Mary said they used this new technique where they pull the foreskin SO hard that it literally rips off. If we ever have a son, this will be a battle between my love & I. He would want him to be circumcised, i would not. Just glad i had a girl, because i don't think i could do that to my precious baby son. and if some bitch wont give him head because of it, then screw her! She is shallow.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:53 AM on Jun. 3, 2009