false negative with first response early results?

i keep reading how fabulous first response early results test is, so i went and got a box of three. i took the first one yesterday 4 days before my period and it was negative (accuracy claimed at 69%). i took another today, at 3 days before and it was negative (accuracy i believe was 82%). my husband looked at the test and reminded me that these are the same tests we used when i was pregnant with my daughter and they showed negative up until and including the day of my missed period. i didnt get a positive with her until i was a few days late. has anyone else experienced false negatives with the first response tests? we havent been ttc very long so i'm new to all these discussions/websites/ttc pages but so far everyone raves about this particular brand of test.

pinkbubbles79

Asked by pinkbubbles79 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have always used first repsonse and it has always been correct for me, but you have to remember that your body may not produce enough hormones to show positive even when you have missed your period. Have you tried another test and gotten different results?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2009