Can we all pray? (For Pagans only)

Can we all pray that others will gain the understanding that we do not want (or need for that matter) to be saved? I feel that alot of Christians misunderstand our intentions, and therefore feel we are wrong. Or they have been brainwashed into believing that we are worshiping something that most of us don't even believe exists. So, can we all petition our gods and goddess's that understand and tolerance will spread through out the world? Thanks for your help ladies.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm with you, Ashley. But I hope it goes both ways. There are many who assume that because someone is Christian they are intolerant and do not understand Pagans or those of any other faith. For this reason, I hope it goes both ways. It is unfair to assume someone who is Christian is intolerant, when many are. (True Christians believe as they are told to, to leave Judgement to God, and to love their neighbors as God instructed them to.)
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:53 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I would like to pray that those Christians who are loving and kind to speak louder then the hateful ones.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I agree with you ladies. I know that there are tolerant Christians out there and I pray that their voices will be louder in days to come then the intolerant ones have been in the past and still are.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Okay, I'm not Pagan, but I am on the same wavelength as you Ashley! Even as a Christian I et very intolerant, ignorant remarks and responses from other Christians. I love what BiskitLiss said - "True Christians believe as they are told to, to leave Judgement to God, and to love their neighbors as God instructed them to" - there are WAAAY too many "Christians" that have forgotten this very important aspect of their religion.

I pray that all Christians find the tolerance, love, and respect for others that God intended them to have.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• All religions are the same. They provide a belief for those who need one. People can call it whatever they want but it's a need for belonging and provides answers for the unanswerable questions about life and death. The more people that believe what they do, the more it reinforces the belief.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• pagan 1prayingpagan 2

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• May the loudest find their inner calm. May they see the peace that others have in their walk with the divine. May they understand the words "to each their own"
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• We don't worry about people going to hell if they believe differently because we don't believe in hell. If we use fear and guilt to convince others to come to the Goddess that is bending free will and that is taking away from the person in question and in turn that is harm.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'm not pagan, but since you felt the need to invade our post anonymously, I feel we are entitled. I will be praying very hard to God that all of you will realize we are not "blind", "ignorant', "illogical",or "scared." We have logically explored other avenues,and have come the LOGICAL conclusion we want God in our lives. Doesn't make us "stupid", or anything else. Just makes us people who want to be able to worship our God,the same as you want to your's. If you don't believe in heaven or hell, fine, WE do! If we pray for people (not necessarily anyone on here), that's our RIGHT! We don't do it to "offend" you. We do it out of love,and concern for our fellow man (once again, NOT anyone in particular on here, just the world in general). So, as I said, I'll be praying very hard that you are able to give the tolerance and acceptance you want from others.
    Anonymous

• pnwmom, I second you... both posts!! and I don't pray!!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2009