Why do you think some woman want to have a natural childbirth without the drugs?

The way I look at it...It sounds like they are bragging as though they are trying to be "Superwoman" good luck when you are in all that pain by then it will be too late.

Or there are some moms that just don't believe in drugs in fear of what these drugs could do to the baby, but come on this is to help relieve you from the discomfort.

Take the drugs!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lots of reasons, Some women are afraid of the drugs. They are afraid that they will have a negative impact on the baby. Some women want to experience the pain, for whatever reason. Either way it's a personal choice. And choosing one or the other doesn't make a woman any more a WOMAN. :). Oh I had epi's with both my kids lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Well, I'm all for the drugs....to me it's like a computer or any other modern invention. But I have heard the argument that God meant us to suffer the pain of child birth to pay for our sin. Just a thought.....
    l-momoftwo

Answer by l-momoftwo at 9:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I think some women just want to experience the birth the old fashioned way and it makes them feel more "motherly" in a way. Or they think it's a beautiful thing to experience. And I say more power to ya! I for one was gonna have the drugs but ended up having an emer. c-section. I think some women also don't want the drugs because of what effect it could have on the baby. It's just a personal choice. I don't think that you are more of a woman if you've have natural childbirth vs. one with drugs or a c-sect. but I know several women who think that very thing. How your kid enters the world doesn't matter, having it makes you a mom. We could sneeze out our babies (ouch) and we'd still be moms. :)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i have 5 natural birth.... no drugs or anything and proud of it. but i think my grandma is the superwoman here 13 natural birth in her home no Doctor just a midwife,,i have to say WOW.

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• masochism? :)
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Those are really uninformed statements that you are making. And I really find them rather offensive.

I chose to go drug free because I didn't want all of the interventions that can happen with an epidural...forceps, vacuum suction, episiotmy, c-section. I knew if I went without pain meds I would have a much lower risk of those things. Plus I didn't want my baby born stoned.
    The bragging rights are just a bonus. ;)
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Every woman who has a baby, no matter HOW they have that baby deserves bragging rights. No woman should have more bragging rights just because they chose to go without meds to help with the pain. The end result is the same, a beautiful new life. THAT is the bragging right, not how they got there
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My opinion... you wouldn't get a tooth pulled without getting numbed first :)
    But hey if they can do it more power to them. But I don't look at ones that do it drug free more of a mom, or a super mom. Just they endured LOTS of pain, and I didn't. I had an epidural and my son cam out wide eyed and very very alert.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• "The end result is the same, a beautiful new life. THAT is the bragging right, not how they got there "
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I agree that every babies birth deserves bragging rights.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I opted for no drugs because I'm scared to death of any drug. I cannot stand the feeling of being high or drowsy, and I would definitely have a panic attack if I couldn't feel a part of my body due to an epidural. And never would I have anything dropped down my spinal cord! Nooooo thank you!!!

OP get off your high horse, because mostly it's not up to you.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:44 AM on Jun. 3, 2009