my daughter is 14 monthes old how can i get her to sleep in bed or crib without me carrying her first till she goes to sleep

docmamy

Asked by docmamy at 9:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD was like this at 13 months. I had nursed her for a year & always rocked her to sleep at night. I knew she could put herself to sleep as she would do it at nap time but at night, she always wanted me. What worked for us was me going out to dinner with a friend! I left DD with DH & he put her to bed. With me gone, DD went without a fuss & that was the end of it. DD was asleep when I got home & except for rare occasions, she has put herself to sleep ever since. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• sorry to say this.
    just put her in her crib and let her cry and after 20 mins or so i check to see if she asleep.
    if you still hear crying just leave her alone and when you hear quiet don go in to the room until 30 mins later because you hear quiet doesn't mean she asleep
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I would suggest breaking her of it now. My son is 2 1/2 and I still have to rock him to sleep at night. He falls asleep at naptime by himself but not for bedtime (because he knows he gets away with it since daddy's home).
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2009