when shall i start potty training my daughter she's 14 months old

can i avoid potty and go straight to the toilet.... it's more clean..........than cleaning a potty

docmamy

Asked by docmamy at 9:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can use the toilet if you want. They have toddler seats you can put on them. But I wouldn't start till she is ready. Giving you signs like bringing you a diaper to change her, letting you know when she has peed or poop or feeling yucky in the diaper.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Well I Have 2 Boys I Start Both Of My Boys At 14 Months . Get Chair That Sit On The Floor And Use That When They Watch Tv And Get One That Sits Right On The Toielt . By The Time i Got Done With The First one It Was Time To Start All Over Again . While U Are Potty Training Go From Pull ups And Underwear. During The Day I Would Use Underwear At Night Pull Ups.And At Nap Time Put Put Pull Ups On. Take Them To The Bathroom Every 1/2 Hr To And Before They Go To Bed Make Sure They Don't Have Nothing To Drink 1 Hr Before Bed . Well Email Me At Pellow12@msn.com If U Have Any Questions
    pellow12

Answer by pellow12 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• you could just used the toilet if you wanted.
    you have to wait to they are ready.. i try at that age she was not ready.. now she is 19 month and still not ready.. my friend told me wait to they are ready
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• definately wait until she shows interest in the potty!!!!!!!!!!!!! it will backfire if you don't my daughter is 32 months and is now potty trained (even wears underwear overnight with no accidents) but i waited until she told me she wanted to go potty. it makes it so much easier when the child shows interest if you are not forcing them to go. hope this helps!
    queentokemi

Answer by queentokemi at 11:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Well of course you should wait til they show interest but be sure to give them the chance. My daughter was 2 1/2 when she was fully potty trained at day and night. She had showed lots of interest though when she was 18 months but it is all about letting them know your are proud of them. Just get the chair and let her use it when she shows interest i don't think it wil hurt my daughters is doing great and she is now just of 3.
    emeraldkelly

Answer by emeraldkelly at 3:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009