Has anyone waited over a year to have more tests done after an abnormal PAP?

I had a LEEP done after my third child was born due to abnormal PAP. Another Abnormal when first pregnant with fourth child over a year later and when he was born, another abnormal. Was told to come in for a co-po when I had time.... Son is now nearly 20 months old and still have not gone in. Once AF came back (not til son was 15 months and he nurses), it's much heavier than ever before and I am extremely hormonal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Health

• Well my mother waited 2 years before going back and now she is facing possible removal of her female organs. I would suggest you go back ASAP. you waited. ok. now you can't do anything about that but you can do things about the future. don't be scared or worried. just do what you have to do. i wish you good fortune. do not prolong any further.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I would have gone right away for any testing after an abnormal pap. Why risk it if something is wrong, waiting a year could make it worse.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• oh I waited, but I don't think I should have. I had a couple abnormal paps and haven't been to the obgyn since my 6-week postpartum I think. my son is now 2 1/2 years old. I didn't like that doctor, the doc I had before him was awesome but stopped practicing when she had twins, and the two times I have tried to make appts with new docs I just can't make the time for it b/c they want new patients to come in early and spend a long time there. Anyway, you should go! I should go! we are BAD! It really could have negative consequences for our health. So... I am here to say you are not the only one who has done this, but I still need to get off my lazy rear and get in to be seen, and so do you! (I am trying to sound more like a cheerleader than a harbinger of doom. Hope it's working. feel free to come to my profile page and badger me until I make an appt! you should get a friend to do the same for you!)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My doctor said,you don't have to get a pap smear done every year if your not having sex,just wanted to throw this out to anyone who wants to know about pap smears.If your pap smear is abnormal,doesn't that mean cancer?
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2009