How can a mom be so stupid?

I responded to a post the other day where a woman didnt want to follow Dr's orders and take her dd to another Dr for a second opinion. She thought her DD was fine.

I said I didnt think it was good to try and sweep a potential problem under the rug and I would follow the Dr's orders to be on the safe side.

Yet, I was seen as the bad guy on this post.....crazy!

This mom obviously had bad experiences with Dr's before, but that doesnt mean your child should suffer or have an issue b/c you think all Dr's are crazy!!!!

UGGGGG!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• i agree. i know someone who wouldnt take her kid to the doctor at all. the poor little boy was so sick he had a fever, he could barely move he just laid there all day and i suggested she take him to the doctor and she got mad at me! she ended up taking him to the er later that week cause he got worse and developed this weird rash people are so stupid and craz y sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Some people run to the doctor for every little thing and others try to avoid doctors if at all possible.

I didn't see the question you were talking about but it sounds like she did take her child to a doctor. Just because she didn't take her for a second opinion doesn't make her a bad mother.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• OP HERE: The first Dr noticed a potentially serious problem and referred her to a specialist.....
    Anonymous

• You know, I ask myself this question all the time, and most especially after reading many of the posts on CM.
    Anonymous

• I'm one of the parents that thinks my child is fine and refuse to have her treated. They told me she has low growth hormone. I've done my research on the topic and decided that giving her powerful artificial hormones just so she'll grow up and be "normal" is not right.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I agree. I would get the second opinion just to make sure there was nothing wrong or if there was that it was caught early enough that it could be treated or fixed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My bils ex did that with her dd she had a fever of 103.3 and the poor thing couldn't walk my mil called her and told her she needed to her her ass back there and pick up her dd and take her to the dr and the only thing she could say is she's not *********** she's not going to die (refering to my dd who I almost lost at 8 months and have to watch her) turns out my neice had a staph infection and some other things worng and if her mom would have waited to take her in she would have been hospitalized the only one she takes in is her son and her girls get the shitty end of the stick I think some women need their kids taken away.
    Anonymous