Does anyone else get nervous about every little sound their newborn makes??

My daughter is only 10 days old but everytime she makes any little peep I get scared that she can't breathe or she's choking, etc.... Anyone else feel this way??

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was opposite. I worried every second I could hear my baby. I would think to myself, "OMG is she still breathing!"
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Ah, I remember those days. Babies make so many sounds, squeaks, pips, snorts, sighs, ets. and i was so paranoid that he was choking, or not breathing, or waking back up after he just went down. I know now that I probably woke him up more than he woke himself up because I couldn't stay away from him long enough to let him sleep! LOL If I could go back and do it over, that is one thing I would do different. I would have relaxed a little and let him be!!! I know you probably won't be able to do this because I did it too! Just know that your baby will be fine. :)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:00 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'm like ABPeterson, I'm always terrified when I go too long without hearing my babies, both my 2-year-old and my 7-week-old, though not as bad as I was when my toddler was a baby. He slept in the pack-n-play next to my bed, and I would wake up at night and have to touch him to make sure I could feel him breathing if I couldn't hear him. It was (and is) awful, but a certain amount of paranoia goes with being a parent. Just don't let it run your life, and you'll all be fine. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• lol u are not alone. my daughter makes this sound like she has snot in her nose and i'm always afraid that she can't breathe adequately, i'm still paranoid about it too. and when she sleeps and doesn't make any noise i put my finger up to her nose to feel if she's still breathing lol.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 12:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my baby girl is 11 weeks and she sleeps from 11pm to 11am everyday, but just cause she sleeps dont mean i sleep, i wake up almost every hour to check and see if she is still breathing, my baby WILL NOT sleep on her back she hates it, and if i put her on her back she just roles over and makes her way to her stomach. I get really scared to. There are many of us going through this you are not alone my dear.
    mrswarner08

Answer by mrswarner08 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2009