when you took drivers ed what was your funniest momment when you were learning?

Are teacher was kool, he lets us do anything just as long it wasn't hurtful to anyone but anyway we took long road trips with the car, and teased guys that we know, and took the car mudding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My teacher feel asleep when i was driving once.The guy was ancient and could barely see.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I never took drivers ed b/c my dad taught it, so he just taught me to drive for free. But, I do remember the first time I drove, I was nervous about going over a speed bump and was trying to get used to how hard you need to push the gas peddle or high light you need to and I accidentally floored it over the speed bump.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Well, I took Driver's Ed back in the 80's. I had enormous 80's hair, because, well, because it was the 80's! The first time I got in to drive the driver's ed car I closed my big beautiful hair in the car door. I didn't realize I had done that until I tried to lean back and put on my seatbelt. After I rectified that situation I was so embarrassed that I turned on the windshield wipers instead of the turn signal! It did get better after that, and the coach that was our teacher had us drive through the Dixe Dog to get sodas and then we "made the drag" in the Driver's Ed car.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Driver's Ed wasn't offered in my high school back in the 80's so when I was 19 I paid for private lessons from a driver's ed instructor. First, I studied the handbook for the permit exam and got that and then took the lessons. She was awesome and taught me in a Toyota Corolla, which I fell in love with! She taught me everything in 3 lessons and then told me I needed to get all my driving practice before I take the road test. So I had a friend at work who allowed me to drive her car twice a week for practice as long as I filled the gas tank and bought her a pack of cigarettes. She let me drive for hours on end for as long as I wanted - it was so cool! When I took my driver's test, the instructor I paid to teach me allowed me to use the vehicle I learned in and I passed the test the first time!
    I think it helped me a lot that I was an adult and knew that I wanted and needed my license so I was mature about learning. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My mom taught me-- she was a teacher, and already had the patience of a saint. My parents insisted I learn to drive a manual shift, but I had a lot of trouble learning to go uphill if my car stalled. So one day, we're practicing in a ritzy neighborhood, and it's a little hill. I stall my car, and for the life of me I could not get it to start and go again. A shiny porche pulls up behind me, a mercedes, and all kinds of fancy pretty cars. I try and try. She tells me calmly to just turn the car off and we would switch spots. I refuse, thinking I can do this!! I keep trying, the car is sliding backwards, each time closer and closer to the porche, my mom is yelling at me to just stop the car, I'm refusing, and finally she yells, "STOP THE F*^%&$# CAR!!!"
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2009