How do you make time to get ready for DH?

Just wondering ladies, since Ive had two of my three kids home from school its been hard to find time to get ready for DH before he comes home from work. How do you ladies do it?

I hate having DH see me all blah everyday, so I'd like to be semi good looking every few days for him. You know, a nice top, a little makeup and smelling nice. But I cant seem to find a way to schedual it in! Help! Do you have any ideas for me?

Thanks ladies!

mikeysmom989

Asked by mikeysmom989 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If my DH wants to see me looking nice, and not smelling like crayons and spaghetti, then he knows he has to take me out on a date. I drop the kids off an hour early at the sitters so I have time to get dressed while he is still at work.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 10:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Five mins before hubs gets home I go brush my hair and put on a little mascara and blush and eyeliner and perfume. He doesn't really pay attention to what I wear, but if i have on makeup, he's like, "you look nice today".
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I shower first thing every day so that is out of the way... then a bit before he gets home I take literally 5 minutes tops to brush my hair, put on lipstick, a little sunduster and mascara. It doesn't even take 5 minutes.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Wake up 2 hours befor the kids do and shower ,do your hair and put your make up on.

Answer by louise2 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• How old are your kids? If they're old enough to be in school, get them a movie they've been wanting to see and let them watch it after they finish their schooling so you can fix yourself up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I get up an hour before the kids and get ready. Then before he gets home I freshen up with blush and powder. It's not just for him but for me. I don't know how women stay frumpy all day. I have 3 little ones and my oldest is in a wheelchair so there should be no excuses, I do it everyday and feel great.
    Anonymous

• I get up in the morning and shower, do my hair and makeup and get dressed. I am still decent looking by the end of the day.
    I really don't make it a point to freshen up before he gets home, he's seen my at my worst (ie. Flu, labor etc..) so I am not too worried about how he sees me after 8+ hours.
    Oh and I agree with you Anon 3:32!!!
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 4:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009