I would like to know if I have to live with uneven breasts for the rest of my life?

I'm on my third child of 4weeks, since my first child of 5 years my breasts have been one larger than the other. I;m 36 and done having children. I know once I loose this baby fat that they will return to a size b or so but will be uneven. The only time I'm self consious about them is when I am in front of my man or the mirror. Any thought or suggestions?

svdbygrace

Asked by svdbygrace at 10:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Health

• It's very common for women to have A-symmetrical breasts, especially after having kids. If it's a big difference the only option you really have is implants to even them out and make them a little more firmer and rounder. They usually insert a larger implant in one, and a smaller implant in the other to even out the size. I have one bigger than the other, and it's noticeable but not majorly. The thing that bothers me the most is the loss of volume I have after giving birth.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I don't have any advice, but my breasts are not the same size either. For the longest time I never noticed it, and when I did I didn't think it was really noticebale. Then I mentioned it on the phone to my boyfriend at the time, and he said "Yeah I know the right one is bigger," so I guess it was more noticeable than I thought lol! Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I don't know what to suggest besides try not to let it bother you, but I hate to say that b/c it is such empty advice! Sorry!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My right one is a cup bigger than the other.....you aren't alone.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• PS at least you have a good excuse! I can't blame mine on my son lol! Seriously, I do think it can be easier to get used to something if it was caused by your pregnancy. Would it help you to think of it like a trade? Of course it wasn't a trade, but if you think about it as "uneven breasts for three beautiful children," maybe you will feel better about it. Or what if you just blame it on the kids whenever it starts to bother you? My mom always blames me when someone serves guacamole and she can't have any - she became allergic to avocadoes when she was pregnant with me!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Thanks, for your response. Yeah, i must say that as a sized D I don't look foreward to returning to a B. I will have to think about the implants, of course it's not my fist time pondering the thought. I'm not a big fan of surgery, especially elective. Thanks again ;)
    svdbygrace

Answer by svdbygrace at 11:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Thanks to the support to all! No it's really not that thought cosuming. I do have three wonderful excuses thought thanks. love you all!! We should form a group lol.
    svdbygrace

Answer by svdbygrace at 11:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• glad i am not the only one i have dealt with very uneven breasts my whole life and now that i just had my baby their worst then ever and of course insurance wont pay for it and i definatly cant afford it so I am stuck with stuffing them or buying padded bras the rest of my life but at least i found my husband who can love me for me uneven breasts and all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Mine are 1 cup size different to now and i actually have to wear special bras like the water one and take out the one side of the padding or the bra dosent support me and not only that but from breastfeeding my daughter i have an inverted nipple now, ( actually my nicu consultant said it was more than likely the pumping for 3 weeks. but my thinking is if f'd up boobs are the price i payed for having a miracle baby and actually bringing her home healthy(for now anyway) then it was worht it a million times over
    mamaof21986

Answer by mamaof21986 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• all woman are like that. you are not the only one. yes some woman have it worse but we all have it
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Well, I'm biased...just got my implants four weeks ago...but I say go for the implants!!! For most women the recovery isn't that bad, and it's definately high on my list of best things I've ever done.  Just do your research and pick your surgeon carefully!  There are tons of online resources, but here are my two favorites.

http://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/general-breast-augmentation-discussion/ ~ this one has better message boards.

http://www.implantinfo.com/ ~ this one has a great database of before and afters.  If you go into the plastic surgeon's photos it'll let you search by height and weight so you can see what different size implants look like on women with similar builds.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2009