How do I get my baby to stop biting?

My son is almost 11 months old and just started biting a few weeks ago. When he gets angry or gets in trouble for anything he bites. And he bites really hard. I dont know what to do, any suggestions might help.

logansmommy711

Asked by logansmommy711 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i say no biting really loud and put mine on time out in the crib. if they do it again just say no biting or bite him back.. see how he feels..
    sorry biting back is idea way so they know when biting huts and it bad thing to show..
    just say no and put him on time out
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• NEVER bite your baby back they don't know any better that would be like saying you hit your baby for getting into things they are not supposed to at that age they do not understand that it is bad and hurts, they do not know what no means. i tell my 10 month old no and put him in his play pen for about 2 minutes
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 11:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Thank you for the ideas. It is really frustrating because he understands what I am saying when I tell him no, if he is getting into something and I tell him no he stops, but not with the biting thing....
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 4, 2009